Pitching for Laughs: Public Speaking Lessons From Stand-up Comedians
How can a few laughs help you to better connect with your audience, especially when you’re making a persuasive pitch? Award-winning comedian and former venture capitalist and start-up founder Artur Akhmetzyanov will share his top public speaking tips and show you how to add humour to give your next corporate presentation or fundraising pitch a boost. This workshop combines theory with practical exercises to help improve your public speaking and storytelling skills.
Corporate Sector, Leadership & Organisations, Educators, Management & Administration Sector, Academics
- Understand why humour helps you to engage your audience
- Discover public speaking tips and tricks that stand-up comedians use
- Learn how to incorporate comedic writing in your presentations
At the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Analyse other people’s work and see the comedic devices in action
- Apply basic comedy writing skills, even if you’ve never done it before
- Improve presentations through short intense writing and speaking challenges
Photography & Video Recording Rules:
- Unauthorised video and audio recording is not permitted for this event.
- Photography without flash and without disrupting the artists/event is permitted within reason.
- All patrons are required to purchase tickets for admission.
- Admission is subject to proof of tickets purchased.
- Latecomers advisory: All latecomers must wait for suitable cue for seating.
- No refunds, no exchange of tickets.