Awesome Adventures: Family Showcase
Come along on an adventure with our storytellers! Meet heroes with extraordinary powers, learn from silly people and animals who listen without thinking, and discover new beats and sounds. Be part of our awesome audience as you shake, clap and move along with the stories. Explore what it means to really listen as you spend a story-filled Sunday with us.
Recommended for ages 4 to 8 years old.
The Seven Powerful Brothers (China)
There once lived seven brothers who each had a special power. Discover how they worked together to take down the wicked emperor with their many different abilities. A fun tale perfect for children who love superheroes.
Ganesha & Kubera (India)
Kubera was a wealthy man and a big show-off! He throws the biggest party ever with lots and lots of delicious food. The guest of honour, Little Ganesha, decides to teach Kubera a lesson in humility that he won’t forget.
The Old Man Who Swallowed Everything (Japan)
When an old man gets a tummy ache from eating too many edamame beans, his doctor suggests he eats some insects! What does the doctor prescribe next? Join the bug, the bird, the snake and more animals in this hilarious chain story.
Tug of War (Africa)
Anansi is the well-known trickster spider from African folklore. One day, he decides to play a naughty trick and pits the whale and elephant against each other. What happens when the two mighty creatures from land and sea compete?
The First Music (Africa)
Something exciting is brewing in the jungle … the first ever musical notes! How did they come about? What did they sound like? Who were the musicians? Tap, clap and make sounds out loud with the animals in this roaring tale.
Photography & Video Recording Rules:
- Unauthorised video and audio recording is not permitted for this event.
- Photography without flash and without disrupting the artists/event is permitted within reason.
- All patrons are required to purchase tickets for admission.
- Admission is subject to proof of tickets purchased.
- Latecomers advisory: All latecomers must wait for suitable cue for seating.
- No refunds, no exchange of tickets.
- All adults and children are required to purchase tickets for admission.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult throughout the programme.