Admission to all venues are free.
Situated in the heart of The Arts House, the Chamber was the place where Members of the Singapore Parliament gathered to debate policies. The Chamber is furnished with customised furniture from London, complete with original upholstery from 1954.
A castle motif from the coat of arms used during the time Singapore was a Crown Colony can still be seen on some seats in the main chamber. Today, the versatile space accommodates up to 200 people and is used for recitals, performances and conferences. With a central aisle, the intimate space also serves as a great venue for fashion shows and wedding events.
Capacity: 120 (Standing Cocktail) / 60 (Round Table) / 80 (Theatre Style)
Originally blue, the Blue Room retains its moniker as a reminder of its rich history. It was previously where Members of Parliament would relax in between debate sessions, and where Singapore’s first Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew held discussions with his cabinet of ministers.
Neoclassical architectural details are seen in the Corinthian columns, and long Palladian windows fill the room with natural light. This adaptable space is used for performances and corporate functions that range from press conferences, product launches to receptions.
There is ample standing room for up to 120 people for cocktail events, 60 seated in a round table setting and 80 in a theatre style layout.
Capacity: 80 (Standing Cocktail) / 50 (Round Table) / 70 (Theatre Style)
The Living Room was a dynamic hive of activities where Singapore’s history was documented and fled. From 1955 to 1959, it was the general office of the Old Parliament House where administrators coordinated papers and reports for Parliamentary sessions. Later in 1959, after the formation of the government, the room was used for meetings of the People’s Action Party.
This intimate and regal space is perfect for seminars, receptions, book launches, workshops as well as rehearsals.
Accommodating up to 80 people for cocktail events, the space also accommodates 60 seated in a round table setting and 70 in a theatre style layout.
The building’s Neo-Palladian architecture is reflected in the parallel rows of columns, allowing the 270 square metres space to be segmented to different sections that make it an excellent space for exhibitions.
The exposed brick entrance into Gallery I has retained its original form in the Old Parliament House built in 1827. The surfaces still endure to this day, and are so hard that nails cannot be knocked through.
Gallery I is best suited for exhibitions and as a venue to host large cocktail parties of up to 350 people.
Capacity: 130 (Standing Cocktail) / 100 (Round Table) / 120 (Theatre Style)
The Gallery II used to be part of the Legislative Assembly Library. Important legislation like the Copyright Bill, the Maintenance of Religious Harmony Bill, the Parents Bill and many others were once deliberated and passed here.
The 132 square metres open visual arts space features high ceilings held up by tall columns and enriched by simple trimmings in its cornices. Equipped with multiple spotlights, it is a perfect venue for exhibitions, talks, corporate receptions and product launches.
There is standing room for 130 people for cocktail events, 100 seated in a round table setting and 120 in a theatre style layout.
The Play Den was where the first court cases in Singapore were heard. Later in the 1950s, it served as the general office for Singapore’s first Chief Minister, David Marshall, and in subsequent years, was used as a library. Today, the neoclassical architecture is reflected in the Ionic pillars that still flank four corners of the Black Box theatre.
Equipped with lighting, sound systems and retractable seats, this versatile space is ideal for experimental and interactive theatre performances, as well as seminars and corporate events. The Play Den accommodates up to 120 people.
This 75-seater film theatrette used to house several offices during Singapore’s Legislative Assembly and Parliamentary years in the late 20th century.
Today, this versatile and intimate space is a perfect setting for corporate functions such as media briefings and presentations, or private screenings for special occasions.
Capacity: 30 (Theatre Style) / 18 (Conference Style)
Te Council Room served as the former office of then-Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew when he attended parliament, and was subsequently used by Mr Goh Chok Tong until 1999.
With a floor area of 41 square metres, this is one of the smallest rooms in The Arts House. Long Palladian windows let in natural light and the Council Room comes equipped with projector and lights. It is a popular venue for board meetings, workshops and seminars, seating up to 30 people theatre style and 18 in a conference or classroom set up.
The Film Gallery, located beyond the Box Office, is a long corridor featuring arches and niches. This narrow corridor on the ground floor has a long notorious history dating back more than 100 years. In the 19th century, it was used as a lock-up for criminals when the building served as a courthouse. In 1953, when the building was restored to house the new Legislative Assembly, the dungeon fell into disuse. It later became a storeroom for stationery in the 1970s. It is a good space to feature exhibitions of films that are being shown in the Screening Room, located at the centre of the Film Gallery or an alternative exhibition space for art works.