Internships at The Arts House
At The Arts House, interns are exposed to a unique and diverse learning experience that will accentuate the artistic and creative capacities of those who are keen to build a career in the arts industry in Singapore.
Singapore International Festival of Arts (SIFA)
As Singapore’s annual pinnacle performing arts festival, the Singapore International Festival of Arts (SIFA) presents captivating and diverse works across theatre, music, dance, film and visual arts. First launched as the Singapore Festival of Arts in 1977, the festival has gone through several evolutions and inspired generations of arts lovers and practitioners. Today, the highly-anticipated festival is a high-point on Singapore’s arts and cultural calendar. Under the helm of Festival Director Gaurav Kripalani from 2018–2020, SIFA continues its festival mission to champion the creation and presentation of Singaporean and international works.
SIFA 2019 is seeking an intern to work the Festival Director and the producing team from January to end June 2019. This position will report to the Producers.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Assist Producers with Festival House – Film Programme
- Responsible for updating masterlist of programmes
- Responsible for collating & compiling materials and information for IMDA & COMPASS applications
- Responsible for compiling Front-of-House Merchandise Sales request
- Liaison for Programming Dept’s guest list for Media Launch and for the Festival
- Any other duties assigned by Producers
- Manage & Liaison for Film Programme
- Assist in selected Festival Outdoor Productions
Qualifications and skills:
- Diploma and/or Degree in arts or social sciences. Current students in these courses may also apply
- Fluent in English and proficiency in Chinese or Japanese would be an advantage
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suites especially in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Possesses good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Is a strong team player with good organizational skills
- Able to work independently and effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Able to work evenings and on weekends, as needed
- Is calm, pleasant and takes instruction well
Kindly send an email together with your Resume, Cover Letter and availability along with any relevant supporting documents to email@example.com