We are constantly looking for talented individuals to join us. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, thrive on challenges and are ready to immerse yourself in the arts industry, please refer to the positions listed below.
Assistant Manager/ Manager, Finance
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains complete records of financial transactions of an undertaking and verify accuracy of documents and records relating to such transactions
- Responsible for managing and the reporting of financial information for an organization
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable function and team
- Responsible for preparation and closing of monthly financials
- Responsible for preparation of annual financial statements and annual report
- Ensure timely, accurate month-end closing and financial reporting to Management
- Review monthly revenue financials to check for discrepancies and ensure revenue reconciliation is performed for completeness
- Oversee all collections, settlement of revenue and refunds
- Responsible for management of cash-flow forecast to ensure adequate funds for operations and maximizing cash benefits through timely placement and withdrawal of fixed deposits
- Support financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting exercise as per corporate guidelines
- Support and ensure compliance with all finance filing requirements, tax filing requirements (GST, IRAS Tax-Deductible Donation Records), charity portal requirements, procedures and forms
- Responsible for timely issuance of tax-deductible and non-tax deductible receipts for all donations and performs donations reconciliation
- Support tenancy contracts management to ensure completeness in revenue recognition and timely collection schedule
- Coordinate, liaise and handle enquiries from external parties like tenants, NAC and government authorities where required
- Main liaison party and facilitator of all major audits such as external, internal audit
- Timely follow up with audit action plan owners on implementation statuses to closure
- Assist in review of access rights and permission levels in platforms used by finance such as ERP system and e-banking
- Review, recommend and implement improvement to Standard Operating Procedures and internal documents relating to finance processes
- Assist in implementation of new processes and system upgrade when required
- Keep abreast of new Financial Reporting Standards to ensure revenue compliance
- Support Board requests and meetings (Board, Finance Committee, Audit Committee) including coordinating, preparation of materials, minutes and other related matters
- Champion for AHL venue booking systems upgrades and processes
- Ensure proper accountability of donations and manage related reporting submissions to authorities
- To carry out and assume any other duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by the Management
- BACC/ BA in Accounting, finance or relevant field
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA) is a plus but not required
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to details
- Good with numbers and figures and possess an analytical acumen
- Good systems and communications skills
- Team player with commitment, initiative and drive
Duties and Responsibilities
- This position reports
to the Head of HR. The HR Manager is tasked with managing HR processes, budgets and compensation matters, handling employee relations and engagement, ensuring compliance with regulations, assessing staffing needs and recruitment, as well as developing training & development programmes.
- Manage up to 3 HR colleagues on the full spectrum of daily HR operations including but not limited to payroll, recruitment, compensation & benefits, employee relations, grievance handling, staff engagement and advisory services on HR policies and procedures.
- Partner and support the functional heads to manage, in a proactive and consultative approach, a full spectrum of HR functions such as manpower planning, performance management, compensation, benefits, development etc.
- Ensure HR policies, procedures, internal workflows, processes and HR information on SharePoint are updated and relevant to business needs.
- Assist to provide guidance to stakeholders in people and performance management.
- Execute annual promotion, annual increment and performance appraisal exercise to ensure rewards are distributed fairly to attract and retains talents.
- Responsible for data integration in systems and ensure appropriate and relevant audit controls are in place.
- Assist in external audit checks and yearly budgeting exercise.
- Degree in Business or HR related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of HR Generalist and relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory role or similar capacity.
- Knowledge of Times Software is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of local regulations and labour laws, e.g. Employment Act, Retirement and Re-employment Act, CPF Act, PDPA Act, etc.
- Proven track record of HR business partnering with and delivering value to high performing and highly demanding business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships at all levels.
- Strong analytical thinking and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and hands-on experience in HRM systems.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure and when faced with competing priorities.
- Results oriented, self-motivated, proactive, positive working and learning attitude with great initiative and high integrity.
The Arts House is always abuzz with activities and having extra hands always helps! If you're interested to learn more about the workings of an arts centre, join us as a volunteer and be involved in various events and programmes!
Get in touch with the Volunteer team today.